Tuesday, November 13, 2012

500 Diapers to Show God's Provision

Photo by Creative Commons user dhinivh

Last week was a really tough week.

Specifically, because I posted a very humbling post about how Kim and I have recently had to go on Food Stamps. 

I didn't post it because I wanted people to give us anything or feel sorry for us. I just needed to air things out a little bit. People were gracious in accepting in their response to the post. It was nice to feel like we weren't alone, but I admit, I still did a fair amount of wallowing in my own bad feelings about the whole ordeal.

It's easy to wonder where God is in all of this. It's easy to be jealous of other people and angry, in general.

I was feeling all of those emotions, and then on Sunday, I felt silly about all of it.

At church, our small group decided to bless us by buying us a ton of diapers. I'm not even sure the exact amount, but seriously, it was hundreds of them.

We were sort of overwhelmed about it. It just was humbling to see that people really did care about us, and that God was providing for our needs.

There's still a tough row to hoe. I'm not sure how we're going to make it through the next month. We might lose our house. That's a real possibility.

But, today, I'm grateful, and I'm reflecting on what I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment