Saturday, June 23, 2012

Guest Post for IntrovertedChurch.com



I've always been an introvert, but I didn't know that. And no one told me that. I always just thought I was weird. And that's pretty much how people treated me.

As a kid I was painfully shy. As I got older, I was convinced I had Social Anxiety Disorder.

Turns out, I'm just an introvert. I wish I'd known sooner. I wish I'd known that was okay. I can't go back in time, but what I can do is share my experience, with the hopes that others, who are in the boat I was in years ago, will be able to learn from my past and learn to accept themselves for who they are.

Introverts are not weird. They're not better or worse (though a compelling argument could be made for "better"). They're just different, but they're the way God made them.

Today, Adam McHugh's IntrovertedChurch.com is running a guest post I wrote on this very topic. Check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment