Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Funhouse: June 1, 2012


This week was my first full week out of school. Let me tell ya, it's been straight up incredible.

Have you been checking in to The Isle this week? If not, here's what you've missed:







Which brings us to today, the first Friday Funhouse we've had in a few weeks. I missed it. Hopefully you did too. To commemorate the fact that the Funhouse is back, I'm giving some stuff away. I've got two awesome shirts and a leather journal from OurShirtsDontSuck.com to give to you, for FREE. I'm giving away TWO Kindle versions of Jeff Goins' new book, You Are a WriterI've also got two invites to Gentlemint.com to give away.  

All you have to do is RT this post on Twitter, anytime between now and Sunday night. I'll announce winners on Sunday. Your tweet must include a link to this post, and must also mention my Twitter username. When you've done, let me know in the comment section. I will DM or email the winners in the order they are randomly selected and will ask for their preference regarding the prize they receive.

One last thing.

The other day, I watched Machine Gun Preacher, a movie starring Gerard Butler about Sam Childers, a man who, after a life of crime and substance abuse, gave his life to God and devoted himself to doing great work in Africa with the orphans and survivors of terrible atrocities. 

I don't do causes often, but when I find something I really believe in, I tend to latch onto it. I know you're busy, and you probably wouldn't like to be confronted with awfulness, but it's there, whether you face it or not. 

I'd like you to do two things:

1) Watch this video:



2) Go to: http://www.machinegunpreacher.org/donate/ and give. Give $5. Give $500. Give what you can afford but give something. It's a fantastic cause, and I'd consider it a personal favor if you guys got behind it. But don't do it for me. Do it for the orphans and victims in Sudan and all over Africa who cannot fend for themselves.

Now on to the best of the internet from the past week:

Click photo for gallery of awesomeness









I made this













No comments:

Post a Comment