Monday, February 27, 2012

We're Having a Boy!


That's right. We found out the gender of our baby. It's a boy!

On Saturday, we went to get a 3-D Ultrasound done. This was amazing, because they place the images on a large LCD flat screen TV in a room large enough for everyone to see. We brought all our immediate family to experience it together.

It took a while, as our baby did not want to cooperate at first. The umbilical cord was in between his legs at first. Finally, he rolled over, the cord moved and we saw the news:

"Boy"

That's all she typed on the screen as she drew an arrow to his "plumbing." It's such a small word (and such a small amount of plumbing), but it had such an impact.

I would have been happy either way. That's the truth. I just wanted the baby to have all its appendages and organs and be healthy.

But there's something special about a man having a son. I'm going to teach him to shoot a basketball, throw a baseball,a football and a punch, swing a golf club, hold a door for a lady and just be man, in general.

I teared up a little. My father and father-in-law teared up a lot.

It was a special day. I cannot wait to meet him.

Aidan Robert Haggerty: We're expecting you on August 12. You, sir, will be loved.  

Check out some more pictures of my baby boy!


Just chillin'
I swear he's smiling here!
He's totally waving. You know he is.


What do you think? He's got his daddy's nose, right?

20 comments:

  1. So stokely dokely'd for you and the Kim!  Pretty awesome.

    PS- did you have to tip the ultra sound tech for all the humorous stories she threw in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! The world needs more good men. Good to know you'll be raising one. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leanne! We're certainly going to do our best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Fetal Photos. Cracks me right up!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting! I'm excited...everyone is excited! It was a wonderful experience. Just to be there when she (the monitor lady) typed in "boy"! I wish I had a picture of your face. Not that I will ever forget it. Thank you for allowing Dad and me the privilege of experiencing this with you and Kim. I am looking forward to watching you be a daddy :)  

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mom. I had good models to learn from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats man! The 3D ultrasounds are really cool...until it shows that the child inside your wife's womb is Skeletor, which is who I was convinced we were having until he came out. Close call. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha. Yeah, I had similar feelings, but we'd looked at lots of pics online before our appt, so I was prepared. I guess you look past it when it's your kid, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does his therapy have to start now because his blogger dad has publish nude photos of him on the interwebs?

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I just stumbled across your blog. What a great post to find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jason. I'm very glad you found my site. When you get a chance, check out some of the other posts. The "Greatest Hits" is a good place to start. Hope to see you around more often!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool. Love the waving picture especially. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Kevin. And don't feel bad about turning this into a mommy blog. Come August, you won't be able to help it. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha. I dunno about all that man. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What can I say? My kid loves the camera and the camera loves him. Thanks for commenting Thomas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Ricky. I can't help it and honestly am not trying. My blog is an extension of me. I'm selfish that way. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just announced on my blog some big news of my own.  Congrats and just wanted to mention that this is the first time I'm commenting here and I'm not sure what took me so long.  This is a great site!  Glad I found you through Twitter.  Keep it up man!

    http://sportsjim81.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the congrats, James, and congrats to you as well! Glad you found me and the site. Hope to see you around more frequently!

    ReplyDelete