Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Week in Review: Jan. 23, 2012


Forget something?

Look, you can't fool me. I know when you miss a day of TheIsleOfMan.Net. I can feel the negative energy as it enters into the universe. It's akin to when characters in Harry Potter are brash enough to utter the name of Voldemort, aloud.

It's fine. You're important. I get it. 

Because I love you (in a totally platonic way), I went to the trouble of recapping all the goodness that went down while you weren't around.

Here's what you missed:





Oh, and here's some new content to tide you over for the weekend:

I don't push music on people often. Generally, I let people listen to what they want and then judge them and their terrible taste from afar.

It just so happens that I came across a band so good that it is impossible for me to not share the gospel of their goodness with you.

The band is called "Bison." They're from Chesapeake, Virginia and have a folk style, reminiscent of Mumford and Sons.

This is a video that contains a short interview, as well as them doing a live performance of their single: "Switzerland:"




What do you think? Awesome, right?

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff. I've never heard of Bison as a band. I've eaten Bison but never listened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great music! I LOVE Mumford and Sons. Bison does sound an awful lot like them. It's almost TOO similar.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, right? Can't believe they're local!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, there are some good things I can't get too much of! :)

    ReplyDelete