Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Funhouse: Jan. 27, 2012


It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!

Time for another rousing edition of "The Funhouse."

These were some of the things that stand out to me as "big deal" items from the past week:


SUPER BOWL 46 TO FEATURE REMATCH BETWEEN GIANTS AND PATRIOTS


Let's get something straight: I hate the Patriots. Hate them. No equivocating about it. I'm a Raiders fan. Ever since the "Tuck Rule Game" of 2002 that kept my team out of the Super Bowl, I've just absolutely loathed them. It just seems like they always catch some kind of crazy break. 

I hate Tom Brady.

I hate Bill Bellichick.

The whole operation, top to bottom are dead to me. Not kidding. Not exaggerating. This is truly how I feel.

That aside, I respect them. They're excellent at what they do (even at videotaping other teams practice). They win, and it seems like it almost doesn't matter what players are wearing the jerseys. 

I expect them to win, but you can believe this:

On Sun., Feb. 5, 2012, I will be cheering for the New York-football-Giants like they're a turtle crossing the road during rush hour.

Go Giants!


UFC MAKES ITS SECOND APPEARANCE ON FOX 


I try not to overwhelm you guys with my mixed martial arts (MMA) drivel. It's my favorite sport. I love everything about it. I feel like you would too if you gave it a real chance.

Saturday night (tomorrow), FOX will feature UFC on FOX 2, a card that will showcase three super exciting match-ups. There will also be multiple preliminary fights shown on FUEL TV, prior to the FOX broadcast.

It'd be cool if you watched. For me. Give it a try. If you hate it, my bad. 

I just don't think you will.


JOE PATERNO DIES OF CANCER AT AGE 85


"Joe Pa" is gone.

I don't really know how to feel about this, to be honest. He was a great coach. He probably hung on a little too long, but can you blame him?

He was a god at Penn State! What did retirement hold for him? Appearances at shopping mall memorabilia conventions? Lou Holtz-like TV commentary that leaves everyone feeling bad for him?

He left a legacy. History will reflect if it was positive or negative. He certainly made some bad decisions, and it would appearas though his inactivity allowed evil to triumph.

All the evidence is not out, yet. I choose the "wait and see" approach.

It's just all very sad, and that's all I have to say about that.


PAULA DEEN HAS DIABETES


Paula Deen, host of the popular Food Network show Paula's Home Cooking, announced recently she has Type II Diabetes. That's not the crazy part. Apparently, she's had it for two years!!

I'm not a health buff of any kind, but you don't have to be a doctor to realize after watching her show for one minute that the stuff she is cooking and pandering is super unhealthy.

The fact that she continued to encourage people to dump metric tons of butter and lard into their recipes after knowing the toll it took on her own health, just seems a little irresponsible to me.

It's sad and my thought and prayers go out to her -- but it's ironic -- no?


What'd I miss? Anything else newsworthy you wanna share? Leave a comment!

8 comments:

  1. You're a Raiders fan? What a sad, sad life you must live...

    (Chiefs fan - sorry! =))

    At least most sane humans agree with what you said about the Super Bowl, though: Go Giants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold up. You're a Chiefs fan that's talking crap? Ha. Now I've heard everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. A lifetime of false hopes has given me a lot of gusto. Can't help it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newt Gingrich wants to colonize the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. He's really pushing hard for it too. I liked when Romney said: "Not all big ideas are good ideas." Newt looked like he wanted to cry. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, yeah you missed something...the biggest news of the week: the Ferris Bueller tease of his return. There's an awesome blog post about it on this incredible blog: http://amuseorbemused.com/2012/01/ferris-buellers-day-in-the-sun/
    I'm pointing out this important fact for your benefit, not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's okay, Paula Deen. I've got your back. She is an older, southern lady who has cooked the same way all of her life...her mother did, her grandmother did, etc. Her food is good! Did I say good? It's great!!! It's good old comfort food. It's not supposed to be eaten everyday. Everyone with half a brain knows that. But, Sundays' big family meal....after church when everyone comes over...that's a different story. And, please.............if you don't know that it isn't "health food", then I have some beachfront property in Oklahoma I want to sell you. Paula now has diabetes. I feel terrible for her. Okay.....so some say she has known this for two years and is just now coming public about it. And your point is??? WOW! So now you are going to stop eating her famously delicious mac and cheese. NOT. I bet you don't. Leave her alone everyone. Next stupid thing we will hear is that someone is suing her because they ate her food and gained weight. Or worse yet, there is a "class action suit" with some ambulance chasing lawyer after her! GMABP!  (that's Give Me A Break People!) 
    P.S. I'm not yelling at you, Kevin. You just "put it out there" to see what people feel. Well............this is how I feel.  hehe!  :) 

    ReplyDelete