Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Air Up There

I love basketball. I also love watching people fail at things, epically if possible. The following post is a beautiful combination of both.

You're welcome.



More after the jump...






Player saves ball from going out of bounds -- scores on own basket:


Team celebrates prematurely -- gets pwned:


Dude gets carried away during a dunk -- gets foot stuck in hoop:


Basketball and skateboarding don't mix:


Basketball and Trampolines aren't that great a match either:



Which was your favorite pic or vid? Have one to add? Link it up in the comment section!

13 comments:

  1. Saw the 3 point shot of the "saved" ball actually went into the other team's hoop.  Bummer. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saw correctly. His heart was in the right place. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it EVER a good idea to do anything on a skateboard besides, ya know, skate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "stand there with your arms up and close your eyes" defensive technique in the first pic. I also must point out this is an Upward league- I'm pretty sure they might actually teach this method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good call. Skateboarding is not going to be efficiently multi-tasked with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one is a loser. Everyone gets a trophy. Here are your orange slices and your juice box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol- little did they know what losers they would be producing. Wait a second...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The team celebrating prematurely was definitely the fave. I am allergic to smugness. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. We played Upward, but we played school ball too.  Plus, I coach now, so I vicariously am able to accomplish all the things I never could as an athlete. It's like playing a video game with real people. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. I once got my foot stuck in the net. And by "foot" I really mean "teeth". Not pretty. 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously?? Now that is a story I want to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sadly, yes. For a brief period of time I could bite a watermelon through a chain-link fence. May write about this episode next week.

    ReplyDelete