Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Funhouse: Jan. 13, 2012


It's the first "Friday Funhouse" post of 2012.

A lot has happened since the last time the "Funhouse" convened. 

Here are some key tidbits of "awesome" from the past week:

- NBC KICKS OFF NEW NIGHT OF COMEDY FEATURING 'THE OFFICE,' '30 ROCK,' 'PARKS AND REC' AND 'UP ALL NIGHT:'

Last night, NBC kicked off the first showing of their new, killer Thursday night lineup which features (in order):

- "30 Rock"
- "Parks and Rec"
- "The Office"
- "Up All Night"

From now on, just don't bug me on Thursday nights. I'm kidding a little bit -- but mostly serious. 

These are four of my favorite shows on television. "Up All Night" is a new contender with me. It's still growing on me a little, but I'm a big fan of Will Arnett and Christina Applegate and the show seems to only improve with each episode.

Seriously. This rules.


- OATMEAL.COM'S 'TOP TEN WORDS YOU NEED TO STOP MISSPELLING:'


Everyone knows I'm a "grammar Nazi." I've taught middle school English for six years now. What do you want me to do?
Anyway, Oatmeal.com put together a fairly hilarious compilation of images that should help you to remember how ten key words should always be spelled:





- WHAT IS RAP?

Remember when white people discovered rap music? If not, here is a priceless video from 1987 that is absolutely cringe-inducing:




- DO'S AND DON'TS WITH BABIES

As most of you know, my wife and I are expecting a baby later this year (August, to be precise). I was a little nervous about the whole ordeal, but then I found these instructional graphics that educated me and made me feel at ease. Go ahead and engrave my name on that "Father of the Year" trophy now!

Yep. I'm good to go.




So, what are your plans for the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, man. If I was a troll, I'd post that one about misspelled words on every blog I notice something like that on... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this one. If you toss the baby, dodge the fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Good advice. Babies hate ceiling fans. That's a fact!

    ReplyDelete