Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Funhouse: Dec. 9, 2011


Another week has come and gone.

Here's a summary of the top shenanigans and other newsworthy items that went down in the last seven days:

- BERNIE FINE MAY END UP IN THE CLEAR



Former Syracuse University assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine has been accused of molesting multiple young boys during his stint at Syracuse. 

The most prominent of the accusations has been made by former ballboy Bobby Davis.

It's looking more and more like Fine is going to skate, based on the fact that it's been so long since the alleged acts occurred. 

Yesterday, Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick made a public and heartrending apology to Davis, essentially admitting that he believes Fine is guilty, but that he will not be able to prosecute him:

"Bobby, I'm sorry it took so long," he said. "I wish I had met you as a prosecutor in 2002. Even more importantly, I wish I had met you as a prosecutor back in the 1980s. We wouldn't be here today."
Fine will get what's coming to him. The universe has a way of working these things out. It's just a shame that, at least for now, he's going to avoid the legal system for committing what appear to be deplorable acts.

I know, I know. I usually do humor and there's nothing funny about this. As a coach, and someone who works with kids, this kind of stuff just really bugs me and I can't help but speak out against scum like these guys.

Here's what else went down this week:

- MY WIFE AND I ARE HAVING A BABY!


I won't re-hash the whole thing.

If you missed it the first go-round, you can read all about it HERE.

Short version: I'm gonna be a daddy!


- CHRIS PAUL IS A LOS ANGELES LAKER...WAIT...JUST KIDDING.


I'm a Laker fan. I have been since I was a small child. I practically was birthed in "forum blue" and gold. 

Last year sucked.

We just couldn't put it together. I like Derek Fisher a lot. He's a class act. Fact is, he's getting up there and just can't keep up with the top point guards in the league. 

So when I heard that the Lakers had pulled the trigger on a trade to bring the best point guard in the league, Chris Paul, to L.A., I came close to weeping for joy.

That is, until David Stern stepped in and rejected the trade for "basketball reasons." I'd love to hear those reasons. Everyone ended up a winner. "CP3" is leaving New Orleans, no matter what. They were getting a very good compensation package for him.

I just feel like this thing isn't over yet. Give it time. I just have a feeling we're going to see Chris Paul alongside Kobe Bryant in the back-court this year.

I'll cross my fingers if you cross yours.


- THE DARK KNIGHT RISES FULL TRAILER AVAILABLE SOON!


If you've read the blog long, you know I'm a huge Batman geek. 

I could hardly be more excited about the new upcoming movie, The Dark Knight Rises, which will be the third and final installment in Christopher Nolan's take on the caped crusader.

On Dec. 16, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows will hit theatres and will feature the first full-length trailer for The Dark Knight Rises as one of its previews.

It's a big deal. Can't wait!


That's the big news in my world. How about you? Anything extra special or noteworthy happen in your life this week?

Tell all about it in the comments section!


4 comments:

  1. The CP3 un-deal is a debacle. Have you played Batman Arkam City? It's great if you are a Batman fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Debacle" is a pretty perfect word for what happened. I still believe it'll happen. The players union is up in arms about it. It sets a very negative precedent. If anything, the league should have stepped in and stopped the trade the brought Gasol to the Lakers in the first place. I mean, c'mon, they basically got him for Kwame Brown. This trade has L.A. giving up an All-Star and the reigning sixth man of the year. How are they taking advantage of anyone? Shenanigans, I say.

    No I haven't played it. What system do you have it on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3689012
    Batman preview

    ReplyDelete