Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Three things that I love

In order for us all to get to know each other a little better, we're going to name three things that we love. It can be anything, but no people. No boyfriends or girlfriends. No spouses. We'll do that list another day. Besides, your loved ones deserve better than to be referred to as "things."

I'll go first.





1) DIET MOUNTAIN DEW





















I start every morning with one. If I don't get a chance to "do the dew," I get withdrawal headaches. It's crazy. It just gives me that "oomph!" that I need to get my day started. I'm not a morning person. This helps.


2) ICEBREAKER MINTS





















This is probably even more unusual than the diet soda. The weird thing is that it isn't even about having good breath. Don't get me wrong, I have good breath as a bi-product, but that's not why I love these little suckers (pun intended). It's just sort've a nervous habit. I almost always have a pack in my pocket. Some people smoke. I use icebreakers.


3) CHICK-FIL-A



















I love Chick-Fil-A. I don't get it often, because I know it's ultimately bad for me and I basically don't have a metabolism. When I do eat at the "Mecca of Fast Food," I get the same thing every time, with no variance: A "Number-One Combo Meal" with the sandwich on a wheat bun and Coke Zero to drink. Seriously. I'm painfully boring. What do you want me to do? I like what I like.


Ok. Now it's your turn. It's simple. In the comment section, name three things that you love. Be as in-depth as you want. 


Go!

8 comments:

  1. Ok, it's really hard to keep it down to just 3, considering I love ALOT! :)
    1) I love God, He has given me life, then given my life back, has forgiven me, never left me and is my only reason for hope, and gives me a shining lamp to guide my steps down the pathway of life. (seriously, I could write a book just on this one alone! ;)
    2) I love my family, they are my life. Everyone older than me has passed away (and I'm 55)so what's left are my 2 fabulous and amazing children, and my 2 precious little grandangels that simply make my heart explode just at the touch of their hand on my face, or a little smile, and my Marine Colonel brother that I admire more than I can say. Ok, so I seriously could write a book on this one too! :)
    3)Hard choice between Chocolate, Wine, Coffee, and Diet Mt Dew! Went with Chocolate, b/c it is such a sweet indulgence that gives such pleasure, whether it's my goey dark chocolate fudge, or my fast creamy hot fudge, or strawberries dipped in dark chocolate, or a snickers bar. And it's great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and all snacks and goes GREAT with my coffee or diet Mt Dew and best with my glass of wine - Merlot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri - Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Great list! Glad to see you share my affinity for Diet Mt. Dew! It's the best! :) Hope to see you hanging out more frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Bacon-Chili-Cheese Aplenty at the Beacon Drive Inn in Spartanburg, SC. Great burger, handmade onion rings, fries and a sweet tea to drink. (http://www.beacondrivein.com/) You just can't eat like that anywhere in Va.

    2. Individually wrapped Lifesavers Mints. Either flavor. Like them better than your choice because they don't rattle in my pocket.

    3. Computers. Some folks hate them but htat is how I provide for my family. I love the fact that I can work, play, and connect on one device. (sometimes all at the same time.)

    Anthony B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anthony - I'll have to try the Lifesavers some time. Definitely hear you on the rattling, I just like IceBreakers bc they're not so big.

    I'm with you on computers as well. I have to be careful of my "affection," because it can lead me to isolate myself from my wife. I do love technology though. I can't decide if my smart-phone has ruined me or made my life infinitely better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...you said NO people, so I will stick with "things". My first response was God and my salvation. But I will stick with "stuff".
    These are in no particular order.

    #1. I love salad. A good salad bar is my very favorite! Ruby Tuesday's is very good. I love to mound it up like a mountain and embarrass my family :) Salad...YUM!

    #2. I love my new Bible. Jewel Ogle gave me a Charles Stanley study bible. First of all, Charles Stanley is an amazing expositor and he has put together all kinds of study notes and other things to help you study God's word and understand it better. I highly recommend it!!!

    #3. Now this is going to sound like three things. But the three things have to go together and, so to me, they are one! An ice cold can of Pepsi (not coke), a bag of Orville Reddenbacher movie theater butter popcorn (in the new pop up bowl), served along with a great "chick flick". Right now the "chick flicks" are Christmas ones being shown on (cover your ears Guys) LIFETIME. But if it is not Christmas time, the movies are just regular chick flicks. I prefer the older ones. "Hope Floats", "While You Were Sleeping", "Return To Me", "Sleepless in Seattle", etc. But some of the new ones are good, too.

    Guess that's it for me.
    Thanks for your Blog, Kevin! It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow Charles Stanley on Twitter. Look at how technology has bridged the generational gap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coffee - Good coffee, not just any coffee. I'm picky, but it's ok, because this is my list.

    Apples - The computers, and Honeycrisp Apples from the store

    Xbox 360 - My time killer of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx for the comment Seth. Honeycrisp Apples? I now have a new item to Google. ha.

    ReplyDelete