Monday, May 7, 2012

Technology Kicked My Butt



I'm about to go to bed. It's 1:00 a.m. and I've been up for two hours trying to figure out how to put together a slideshow with music.

My goal was to create a slideshow that showed the progress of my wife's pregnancy (i.e. her "baby bump"). It was going to be thoughtful and sweet. People would have laughed, cried and wondered how they ever lived without witnessing such an inspired piece of media.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Windows Movie Maker is cursed, and by that, I don't mean some wicked witch placed an evil hex on it, I mean I literally cursed at Windows Media Maker. Just kidding. Not kidding.

So, I resorted to crawling Google for a web site that would provide this service for free. I found several would-be winners. But they all turned out to be busts, due to the fact that they wanted you to pay to be able to publish anything worth a crap.

I'm now prepared to throw my laptop out a window and kick an inanimate object that totally doesn't deserve it. Technology has beaten me. It has won the battle. I will win the war.

I'm going to bed now, but I wanted to post something. So this is it. This is what I went with. I'm not going to re-think it. I'm not going to go back and flower it up or add a hilarious viral video of a baby eating carrot flavored food.

What I would like though is to turn my tragic evening into a discussion, if you're up for it.

So here I go.

When the last time technology totally kicked your butt? Feel free to include all the embarrassing details and pictures, if applicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment