Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Guest post at ShawnSmucker.com: "Don’t Be Afraid to Look Your Worst Fears in the Eye"


Living in fear can be totally paralyzing. It can make you worried, it can make you sick. It can ruin your life, if you let it.

But just like a bully, you have to stand up to fear.

Today, I'm guest posting over at ShawnSmucker.com on this very topic. As most of you know, I'm currently through a bit of a rough patch, and I've been very honest with you guys as I go through all of this.

Here's a snippet of the post I wrote, titled: "Don’t Be Afraid to Look Your Worst Fears in the Eye:"

It’s frightening. The worst case scenario is that the money will run out in a few months. I’ll have a wife, a newborn son and my house will be taken away. 
So why post about that? That’s not encouraging at all, right?
First off, I just wanted to be honest. If you’re going through a similar situation, or you may be in the future, I’m doing you know favors by dressing it up. This is my burden. This is real.
Second, and more importantly, I’m sharing because I’ve come to an important realization that I hope will be helpful. Here it is:
My worst case scenario isn’t something I can’t come back from.

Check out the rest of the post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment