Thursday, April 26, 2012

This Is How We Met

Photo by GrantDeb Photography


I was 28 and single. At that point in my life, I felt like I was at risk of being alone for the rest of my life. I’d dated plenty of people, but never made a connection that I thought could last forever.

The year or two before that point in time, I’d resorted to messing around with a couple of girls who I knew were not only “not marriage material,” they really weren’t even “dating material.” We had nothing in common. It was purely physical and only skin deep. Part of me looks back on that period of my life and mourns. But another part of me is glad for it. Those years and those girls showed me who I was, but more importantly, it showed me who I wasn’t. I learned what I wanted by discovering what I didn’t want.

No comments:

Post a Comment