Monday, February 20, 2012

I choose you for my team


When I first set out to start blogging, my original goals were not to get rich or famous in the pursuit. This works out well, as I'm nowhere near either of those mile-markers.

Those are things I wasn't shooting for.

What I did and still do want to accomplish is simple: I want to establish a community of like-minded people who endeavor to share life through their magnifying glass on a regular basis.

It's been fun so far. The site has grown. The number of people who regularly interact both via Twitter and the comment section of my blog posts has skyrocketed since I started. For that, I am grateful. 

Here's the thing. We're just getting started. It's been cool getting to know you guys, but I'd like to take out relationship to the next level.

Don't get freaked out. I'm not going to ask for a lifelong commitment. But hey, it's Valentine's Day. Not a bad time to talk about our relationship, right?

I'll get to the point.

A lot of you check in to TheIsleOfMan.Net quasi-regularly, as well as follow me on Twitter and interact there. But there are two things that I'd really appreciate you doing.

1) Become a follower via Google Friends Connect. It's super easy. On the right sidebar, there is a small blue button that says: "Join this site," directly over top of the avatars of those who already do follow. If you enjoy the content here, it would mean a lot to me if you'd add yourself to that list.

2) Subscribe to the feed. There are two ways you can do this. The first is to simply enter your email address in the box inside the right sidebar, near the top, directly under where it says: "Subscribe to email updates." You won't get spammed or hassled. All that will happen is that you'll get an update email when a new blog post has been published. The second way you can subscribe is to click the blue "RSS Feed" icon on the right near the top. It's in between the Facebook and E-mail icons. Personally, I like to use Google Reader to read my feeds. It's an easy way to keep all my blogs organized. If you haven't used it, I highly recommend it.

If you want you can even do both.

That's it. Every little bit helps. When you follow the site, when you leave comments, when you RT my links on Twitter -- all of that helps immensely and it really means a lot to me.


How did you find this blog in the first place? What was it that kept you coming back?

19 comments:

  1. Think I found you through some of the interviews you've done with other bloggers.

    Kept coming back because you keep popping up in my Google Reader feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I found you through some of the interviews you've done with other bloggers. Kept coming back because you keep popping up in my Google Reader feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne Shirtliffe (Ironic Mom)February 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM

    I think I found you on Twitter...when you asked tweeps what questions you should ask Tamara and Rob or Chad suggested: What would win a cage match between Tamara and me. 

    The rest, as they say, is history. Or in our case, English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One minute I was on Oceanic flight 815, the next, I'm on the Isle of Man...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...it didn't notify me of your reply, either.

    Today I commented using the box above. Other times I comment from my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed! Glad we're on the same team Leanne and excited about tomorrow's interview post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I will send you my address so you can mail me my prize

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that psychopath ClayMorganPA led me down the rabbit hole and I ended up here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. Nice. Well I'm glad you found my site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you send "pats on the back" in the mail? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were my first Twitter follower, which is kind of like a "life debt" I can never repay.  Before you, there were lonesome times...having Twitter but no one to Tweet.
    OK, this is starting to sound strange.
    I keep coming back to your blog because I enjoy it.  And I like the new top banner of your site better than the old one.  And I keep thinking this might turn into a travelogue about he Isle of Mann. And that creepy ventriloquist dummy on the Friday Funhouse graphic.  And I don't want to tick off an Irishman by not coming back.
    Yes, and my twitter debt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha. Good stuff J.T. You were one of the first faithful followers and I've appreciated your loyalty and contributions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I just found you on Twitter via #FF (if I recall correctly). Anyhow, I love funny, especially when it's well written, so I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey thank you! I really appreciate that. Hope to see you around these parts more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw you on one of those blogger dating sites.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found you because you found me first. Actually, I'm really glad you did because, even though I don't comment a lot (since my work refuses to allow me to use Disqus which is disqusting...hahaha), I do read every day. Your site is actually one of my favorites to visit. 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Jana. As a writer, I can't tell you how much that means to me. The stats don't mean anything compared to making personal connections with the readers. I am glad to have you along for the journey. :)

    ReplyDelete