Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gentlemint, start your engines!


Before you say anything -- No, it's not a misspelling in the title.

Gentlemint is a new site that I discovered very recently. It's basically like Pinterest, but for dudes. (If you think I just inferred that Pinterest is not for dudes, you're pretty much right on the money...and I wasn't inferring...I'm straight up saying it to your face.)

It works in much the same way as Pinterest, in that you have to get an invite or request one on the site. In my experience, you're better off finding someone you know who is a member and getting them to shoot you an invite than requesting one on the site. 

Why? Well, it took me two weeks to finally get one. Truthfully, I'd kinda forgotten I even requested it. It's certainly an aspect that Gentlemint should consider refining. I know what they're doing. They're trying to create a mystique and an allure. But there's a fine line between creating curiosity and driving people away.

Anyway, the site is pretty cool, from what I've seen so far. It's essentially just an overload of user-uploaded content intended for dudes. 

But I think it would be easier to show you what I mean, rather than just tell you about it.

After the jump, I'll show you some of my favorite content that I've seen so far, as well as give you information on how you can get an invite to Gentlemint, if you're interested:

Here are the top five items I've stumbled upon, thus far:

EVERY FACE PUNCH IN ROAD HOUSE (VID)


JACK WHITE MAKES A GUITAR (VID)


A SERIES OF OMINOUS PHOTOS ABOUT THE LIFE OF A ROBOT (GALLERY)

Click pic for Gallery

WHY SOME MEN HAVE DOGS AND NOT WIVES (FUNNY ARTICLE)

Click pic for Article

REVOLUTIONARY TOILET SEAT (PIC)

Click pic for larger image


So here's the deal. I have TWO invites to Gentlemint to give away. The first two people to RT this blog post will get the invites. 

If you're already a member and want to look me up, my username is kevinrhaggerty.


What do you think of Gentlemint? 

21 comments:

  1. Hey Kevin. I often make fun of my wife for being on pinterest all the time, but I think I would give this one for us guys a try.. looks cool so far..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's basically all the junk my father-in-law forwards me, but in one place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the article Kevin, and we're glad you're digging the site :) About the invites: it's truly not a mystique thing. Promise. We've had so much traffic in the past month that we're literally not able to let everyone in at once.

    But thanks again, and welcome aboard!

    Glen Stansberry
    Gentlemint co-founder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed it so far. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure Ricky. Haven't checked your email recently. Chad Jones has. Maybe I'll ask him and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Glen. I appreciate you clearing that up. Makes perfect sense. I think you've got a very good thing going and I predict it will be huge within months. Way to be a linchpin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Invitation sent. Good work. Anybody else? I have one invite left!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is genius. Down with Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really is great. I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If anyone is a member and would like to do me a solid, I'd love an invite.  kentjackson20@gmail.com  Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The invites are gone. Congrats to Adrian Waller and Tyler Stanton. If you want an invite, pester those guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you follow me on Twitter? Just sent a shout out trying to get someone to help a brother out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Word on the street has it MANteresting.com is also a pinterest like site for men. newer to the web, but doesn't appear to require invites.I think dartitup.com is launching soon too.  I guess options are a good thing. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sad that I was too slow and have missed my opportunity to join Gentlemints. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Something that has surprised me is just how great a reaction this site is getting from females. Fact: Chicks dig Gentlemint.com. Ha. It really was poor judgement on my part to think this wouldn't be so. Putting "No Girls Allowed" on the treehouse always makes them want in that much more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. In my case, it would be all the junk that my mom forwards me--that she could easily avoid if she would bother checking Snopes.

    As far as Ricky goes, wait til tomorrow's post "Be Ricky For A Day."*

    *=kidding

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alas, still waiting for my invite! Definitely excited about a pinterest type platform with less female oriented subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Daniel. Do you follow me on Twitter? I've been known to give out invites from time to time (plus I'm just awesome, overall). :)

    ReplyDelete