Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life on other planets


So I was perusing the interwebs the other night when I noticed a news report, stating that NASA has discovered a new alien planet in a habitable zone.

In laymen's terms: They believe they've found a planet that is not named "Earth" that is capable of sustaining life.

I've always kinda been interested in this sort of thing. I've weirded my wife out multiple times by staying up late and watching cable specials about UFO's and supposed alien sightings.

I don't know what is it that fascinates me about it. Maybe it's the unknown. Either way, it isn't just me. There are thousands upon thousands of websites regarding aliens and UFO's. The television specials just keep coming.

People eat it up.

For me, it isn't even just UFO's. If there's a special on "Bigfoot," I'm all-in. If I happen to flip over to a revealing TV show about the "Lochness Monster," hold all my calls. I'll be busy for the next hour.

It's boring, but...it's my life.

Do you think there's life on other planets? Do you have any strange obsessions that you're embarrassed to admit?

Leave a comment!





4 comments:

  1. No strange obsessions that I can think of! I'm not sure about life on other plants. I do not rule out the possibility. I also do not rule out the possibility of the existence of Big Foot or the Lochness Monster or any of that. I like to watch those t.v. shows too, but am always disappointed that no one ever really actually SEES the samn things. 

    I like your blog!

    Michael Ann
    http://thinkinginmyheadma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael Ann! Good input. Hope to see around these parts more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tell her I told you but Brooke went on a bigfoot obsession a couple years back and I thought I was going to have to commit her... Call me a skeptic but I think all that stuff is hogwash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it probably is (hogwash). For some reason, it intrigues me. I guess there's some small part of me that believes it could be real (moreso Bigfoot and Nessie, not aliens). 

    ReplyDelete