Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Eff Eh Cue: How to post a comment


It's come to my attention that some of you are having trouble posting comments on the posts at The Isle Of Man

First and foremost, I'm sorry for the frustration. I sincerely hope that this has not caused any undue stress or played a role in any relationship problems you may have suffered during this traumatic issue.

After the jump (which is "blogger code" for the part that says "Read more"), I'll walk you through the steps for how to leave the first of many comments to come.

Before you do anything, you have to make sure you're reading the post in its own page and not on the main page.

There are two ways to do this:

1) Click on the headline of the post (at the top, in large blue letters)

and

2) Click on the text that says "Read more." If the post is short, it may not have a "Read more" section. In this instance, see Step #1.

After you have completed Step #1 or #2, you should see the comment section at the bottom of the post. It is directly under some text that reads: "Add new comment."

From there, type your witty text into the comment box. After you're sure you're happy with what you've written and are ready to send, click on the text in the bottom right of the box that reads: "Post as..."

You can choose to comment as a guest and merely leave your name and email address (I promise I will not spam you). You can comment as your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Yahoo profile. You can also choose "Disqus," and then create a Disqus account (it's quick and easy).

That's it. That's all you have to do. 

If you have any further issues, feel free to either e-mail me at: kevinrhaggerty@yahoo.com, tweet me at @kevinrhaggerty or send me a message on Facebook. I'll get back to you ASAP with an answer that is as non-condescending as possible.

Thanks for reading. You now have no excuse to not get involved as a commentor. 

Get to work!

1 comment: