Thursday, November 24, 2011

Wisdom Nuggets - Volume I


By this point, you've probably eaten so much turkey that you're sweating tryptophan. 

Soon, you can kick back on the couch, watch football and slip into a sweet, side-dish induced coma. Before you do, in the spirit of poultry, I've decided to share some of the oh-so-deep "wisdom nuggets" that my mind has pondered this week.

Here we go.

You've heard the phrase: "No homo." It's basically a way of saying: "Hey dude. That thing that I just said, mere moments ago -- I know it sounded gay, but I swear...it wasn't." Someone had to have said it before anyone else did. A pioneer of phrases, so to speak. What I wonder is: What did this wordsmith say that made him feel compelled to follow it up with "No homo?" 

I have some ideas.

Drumroll please...

1) "Is it cool if we hold hands under the harness on this roller coaster? The drops really scare me." 
2) "You really are the best hugger." 
3) "I didn't call you for any reason in particular. I just missed you." 
4) "Why do girls get all the good colors? I'm taking pink back...starting with this v-neck." 
5) "I really enjoy watching 'Glee.'"

Hope you're having a Happy Thanksgiving. 

No homo.

.


1 comment:

  1. This was great, Kevin! I thought of Coach when I read this...especially #3. hahaha! I miss seeing him everyday and trading comments.
    When we would hear guys say something and we would just look at each other. hehe!
    When guys say "pretty". Excuse me, but guys do not say pretty, unless they are talking about a girl and then they don't use that word for girls, do they.

    Keep up the great work, Son. Don't forget your old maw when you are rich and famous!

    ReplyDelete