Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Funhouse


I'm introducing a new segment that hopefully will stick and become a regular feature on Fridays.

The goal is to share a few items of news, videos or other content that I find interesting, funny or just downright ridiculous. You can help me fine-tune these posts by leaving lots of "comment love" with suggestion on how to make it better.

Without further ado...


ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT IS RETURNING -- SORT OF

Netflix has announced it will be airing new episodes of the hit television sensation "Arrested Development," via streaming in 2013. This is ostensibly cool, but it means we have to wait over a year for it to happen. The report also fails to specify how many episodes there will be.

Hopefully Netflix can even survive that long. After their silly price rise from several months ago, I kept my subscription, but I don't feel like many other people did.

In the meantime, I'll hold on to the hope. The idea of seeing the Bluth family back on screen doing new things I haven't seen them do yet makes my mouth smile.

As an homage, here's a highlight reel of some of the finest "Come on!" moments from Arrested Development:





EMPIRE: ‘THE DARK KNIGHT RISES’ SPECIAL EDITION BANE COVER

I'm a huge Batman fan. I always have been since I was little. Batman Begins blew my brain apart. The Dark Knight beat me up and stole my lunch money. 

The third volume in Chris Nolan's re-boot of this classic film enterprise is called The Dark Knight Rises. It's set to be released in July of 2012. Between that and the upcoming Avengers movie, it would be hard for me to geek out a lot more.

The most recent edition of Empire Magazine features a story about the upcoming film, and it showcases a huge picture of the movie's key villain, Bane (played by Tom Hardy), on the cover.

Peep this.



ASHTON KUTCHER AND DEMI MOORE CALL IT QUITS


What is the world coming to when a Hollywood actress marries a Hollywood actor who is 16 years younger than her and can't seem to find a way to make it work. 

Am I being Punk'd?

In all seriousness, this is sad. Divorce always is and I wish them both the best.

It just isn't shocking, and if you pretend like it is, well...you're not keeping it real. 


Enjoy this Thanksgiving weekend with friends and family. Eat lots of leftover turkey. Break out the Christmas decorations. I know I will.

In the meantime, please leave a comment in relation to things you've enjoyed about the blog this week. Criticism is welcome too. Just be nice. My ego is fragile.

2 comments: