Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Lack of Blog Posts and My Current Depressed State


Until today, I haven't written, this week.

I've been busy, but I've also been bogged down. I'm currently going through the toughest stretch of my life. I've never been under so much pressure. I'm married, I have a mortgage payment and a one-month old baby boy...and I haven't made significant money from my business in almost a month.

I knew this wouldn't be easy. I knew there was a reason why not everyone works for themselves. But, even with all that said, it's been somewhat remarkable the way that I just have not been able to catch a break, as of late.


I've typed hundreds of emails to businesses, offering my services. I've advertised on Facebook, as well as on a couple of blogs with fairly decent traffic. I've advertised on Craigslist. I've offered special deals. 

What it comes down to is that it seems people just don't want to pay a decent wage for web and graphic design, these days. I've lost client after client over the issue of price, because they, seemingly, were expecting to get something for practically nothing.

It's insulting. It hurts. 

And now, we're close to running out of money. We have enough to get us close to the end of October, with our bills.

So, I'm left with the choice of whether or not I need to abandon this all and go get whatever job I can -- delivering pizzas, busing tables...anything.

It's overwhelming and confusing. When Kim and I committed to this journey, we both felt a real sense of confirmation that this is what God wanted us to do. Maybe it is, but it's hard to see where God is in all of this.

I think a lot of people think I've been sitting around watching TV, waiting for the phone to magically ring with news of a big-money project. That just isn't the case.

I've hustled like never before. I'm constantly trying to learn new things and get better at what I do. I read all the time. I practice new tricks all day long. I'm a better and more valuable designer in every way.

I just need clients.

In the meantime, Winter is right around the corner, and we're going to need to spend hundreds of dollars to fill up the propane tank. I still don't have health insurance, so, every day, I cross my fingers and knock on wood and hope I don't get sick or hurt. We have a plethora of things around the house that need fixing or improving.

You'll understand why I've been depressed. 

I just ask that you keep praying. Of course, as always, I'd love it if you told everyone you know about KR Graphix. If your church needs a new website, send them my way. If your company needs a Facebook page, let's talk. Do you need a logo for something? We need to chat.

Either way, if you have Twitter and/or Facebook, you can be sharing about KR Graphix as often as possible. You may think it won't help, but it all helps. Seriously.

I feel out of ideas and out of words. I just wanted to update you guys on where I was at. I appreciate your support.



No comments:

Post a Comment