Friday, August 24, 2012

Back in the Saddle: My First Postpartum Post


That's him. That's my boy. That's the human embodiment of the past nine-plus months of doctor appointments, expenses, work, pain and other such preparations to make ready the way for my first son.

The delivery went about as well as it could have gone. Because it's personal, I'm not going to go into too many details as far as all that goes, but Kim and Aidan both came out totally healthy.

Before I go any further, I want to thank all of you who prayed and sent words of encouragement, before during and after.

I also want to thank the awesome folks who filled in for me while I was gone with some top notch guest posts. Seriously, they were awesome. If you missed them, you really need to go back through the annals of the blog and check out each and every one.

Ok, so here are the vital details (aka: what you really care about):

- Aidan was born at 3:48 a.m. on Saturday, August 11.
- He measured 19 inches.
- He weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces.
- His hair appears to be light/blondish, like Mommy's
- Still tough to tell what color his eyes are, but they look like they're going to be blue.

It's been a tough week or so, since we've home. The adjustment has been massive, and I'll write more about that in future posts.

For now, I thought I'd play the part of the proud first time Daddy and share some pictures.










So...whaddya think??

No comments:

Post a Comment