Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Guest post for JonStolpe.com: 'Learning to Count to Five'

Everything Starts Where It Ends

Unlike a lot of people, I was one of the seemingly few who was not happy with the way the TV series LOST ended.

I devoted years of my life to the show. There were so many questions and mysteries. I felt like the series finale was a cop out.

The questions didn't really get answered. The mysteries weren't resolved.

But I have a hard time being totally mad at the show.

We had good times together, even if it didn't wrap up the way I wanted it to.

One of the great aspects of the show was the multitude of great characters who all had incredible depth and stories that made you care about what happened to them.

My favorite character was Jack Shephard.

A lot of people didn't like Jack for a variety of reasons. But I identified with him. I do identify with him.

Jack was the guy everybody looked to for solutions. He was their leader -- their hero. He didn't ask to be, he was just sort of elected.

In some way or another, a large portion of the show featured Jack having to fix things. To a large extent, it was the underlying theme of the entire series.

Today, I'm guest posting at my friend Jon Stolpe's blog, where I'll be talking about what Jack Shephard taught me about overcoming my fears.

It's particularly relevant to the series that we're currently going through, When Life Karate Kick You in the Face.

I'll get back to the series tomorrow, but I'd love it if you'd check out my guest post, "Learning to Count to Five," HERE.

When you get done reading my guest post, I'd also appreciate it if you'd check out a post that Jon wrote at JeremyStatton.com called "Rediscovering My Dream."

Jon's a very talented writer, and if you haven't checked out his stuff, you should get on that, as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment