Monday, April 16, 2012

My Free E-Book: 'An Idiot's Guide to the Galaxy'



Can I be real with you guys? I'm nervous. I'm not sure why. I write words and sentences for you all the time. It's not that big of a deal. I know you. I like you. Some of you even like me back.

So, yeah, I'm nervous, but I'm also excited. Here's why:

I wrote an e-book called An Idiot's Guide to the Galaxy. The book is a satire on society. It takes shots at everyone, even myself. Check out this excerpt:


"For the next step in the process, we’re going to the movies!
At some point, the lights will go out and it will get dark. Act like you’re totally freaked out…like you’ve never been without the presence of light in your entire life. Maybe throw a ghoulish shriek in there, just to make sure everybody knows what your game is.
This is always funny and it’s never been done before. Not by anyone.
Once the actual featured presentation gets rolling, you’re now free to wax in your element. Don’t just get the tips of your toes wet; work on your cannonball. 
If you think you know what’s gonna happen next…tell everybody…and do it loudly.
If there’s a kiss scene, make loud, slurping noises. Imagine an elephant sucking up an entire meal of ice slushee and ramen noodles. Yeah. That’s you, and that’s the sound you’re going for."

The book is a light and hopefully fun read. Because I love you guys and appreciate your support, I'm giving it away for FREE.

All I'm asking from you is that you subscribe to my e-mail list. It won't take you but a minute, and I promise not to spam you. You will get an e-mail (no more than one), each time I publish a new blog post. Occasionally, I'll send you updates on exciting news and things that are going on. You can opt out at any time.

If you're already a member, all I need you to do is e-mail me at kevinrhaggerty AT yahoo DOT com and tell me you'd like the book. I'll e-mail you back ASAP with a link. Simple as that.

If you're not already subscribed, you can do so HERE. After you subscribe, you will receive an e-mail within 24 hours with instructions on how to obtain An Idiot's Guide to the Galaxy for FREE.

I'm not asking for anything else in return, BUT if you feel so inclined, here are some other ways you can help:

  • Tweet the following: "Get a FREE copy of @kevinrhaggerty's new e-book: 'An Idiot's Guide to the Galaxy' // http://tinyurl.com/d2m9rzv #AIGTTG"
  • Make up your own tweets, but please use the hashtag: #AIGTTG
  • Encourage your friends (via Twitter, Facebook, or -- gasp -- through real life word of mouth) to subscribe and check out the book.
  • If you have a blog, I'd love it if you were kind enough to post a review.

Once you read An Idiot's Guide to the Galaxy, please do offer your feedback. Let me know what you liked and what wasn't your favorite.

Also, I did a guest post over at Leanne Shirtliffe's IronicMom.com on my cameo on Baywatch. It's a fun read. Check it out HERE when you get a second!


Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment