Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sometimes life just kicks your butt


It's been a while.

I know, I know. I've neglected the blog. I've neglected you. I've got a good excuse. No, wait. I've got a multitude of good excuses.

Those of you who have been following are aware that we recently agreed to purchase a house. Let me tell you, HGTV lies!

It is NOTHING like the television shows! On TV, you see the elated husband and wife sign the offer, get a positive response, sign the contract, get the keys and then move in to find the awesome housewarming present left for them by the show and their production staff.

That's not the real world. In our world, it went something like this:
On Aug. 30, Kim and I received an acceptance of our offer on our dream home. Seriously. It's everything we ever wanted and then some. God is good.

Since the deal was agreed upon, we've had to do the following:

- Find money for an inspection, appraisal AND $1000 Good Faith Deposit, which apparently (no one told us this) is required for all repossessed home purchases. Awesome.

- Cancel all our services.

- Begin new ones.

(aside: The previous two steps seem simple. They are not. Utility companies are one of the banes of my existence. That is all.)

- Move in with Kim's parents, as our lease expired two weeks before the closing date and we did not want to pay an arm and a leg to stay in an apartment we hated.

- Get settled in and learn to live with other people after being completely independent for two years. My in-laws are amazing, but this is a transition, regardless.

- Clean apartment completely to get ready for final walkthrough.

The prospective closing date is nine days away. We anxiously anticipate moving into our very first house and cannot wait!

Do you remember a time in your life when you were so busy that you felt like you didn't even have time to sleep? Sharing is caring! Tell us all about it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kevin. I could write a book on "when I was so busy that I felt like I didn't have time to sleep. Lets see...after you were born and all the way up until when Brian was born, because you did not like to sleep. Then after Stephen was born. Then after Erin was born and then after Megan, Jonathan, and Katelyn were born. And for all the nights that you 7 were sick and needed me. All the nights I waited for Brian to come home. Then when Dad was in the hospital with his heart surgery and I spent 14 days in a recliner because he didn't want me to go home and leave him. I really could go on and on, but I am guessing that you get the picture. :) Lots and lots of sleep deprivation. But I would go back and do it all over again if I could. Not one single regret, except maybe the waiting up for Brian. hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete