Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Blog Vision Statement

When I set out to begin this blog, I originally intended to name it: "Facing Your Failures." It's good, right? It sounds grandiose. I can imagine a motivational speaker getting up in front of a massive crowd and telling them: "Today, I'm going to help you face your failures."

The problem is that that is disingenuous. It doesn't represent me or the message I'm trying to deliver.

The title, as you can clearly see, is: "Facing Our Failures."

In my life, I've made a series of financial mistakes. I've mishandled credit cards, amassed debt and overall made a big mess of things.

As a result of my mistakes, I've had to kick, scratch and claw my way back into a sane financial situation that was manageable.

I don't have all the answers. I'm just a guy who has made some bad decisions and is now trying to rectify the situation.

The thing is, I might know more than you do. When I was walking through the shadow of the "Valley of Death," I wish I had people around me who had gone through what I was about to go through. It would have been nice to have someone who was on the other side of the chasm, reaching their hand out from the other side. I hope I can be that for you. I also hope that this website may, eventually, build a support system of people who can be that for each other.

I'm not trying to sell you on anything. The only thing I want you to buy into is that there is hope.

I was at a point where I thought my life was over. It wasn't. It isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment