Thursday, July 19, 2012

Living a Life with No Regrets Means No More Procrastinating

Photo used courtesy of Creative Commons user Jason A. Howie


"A year from now, you'll wish you had started."


This was a quote that I saw recently while wasting time on Pinterest. It didn't make sense, at first, but something about called to me.

I read it again.


Then it sunk in and really hit me. It made me think: "What do I wish I would have started a year ago?"

The answer is not a short one.


  • I wish I'd started my diet a year ago. I'd be in shape now. My clothes would fit better. I'd be further along in the process and able to eat a wider variety of foods. I'd be less miserable.
  • I wish I'd started reading my Bible every day a year ago. I'd be in the habit. I'd be used to it. I'd have a closer walk with God.
  • I wish I'd started seriously working on my graphic design business a year ago. I'd have more clients. I'd have a more vast portfolio. I'd be closer to having it pay my bills with no worries of depleting my savings account.
  • I wish I'd started exercising regularly a year ago. I'd be on a routine. I'd hate running less. I'd feel better about myself.

I wish I could go back in time, but I can't. It is what it is at this point, but in a year from now, I don't want to look back and say "I wish I'd started." I want to say, "I'm glad I did."


What things do you wish you'd started a year ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment